- Pali Text Society - the Society was founded in 1881 by T.W. Rhys Davids "to foster and promote the study of Pali texts". It publishes Pali texts in roman characters, translations in English and ancillary works.
- Sutta Central - provides a comprehensive collection of early Buddhist texts online, including the Suttas, Vinaya and Abidhamma. The website has been updated in 2018 and the new site features an entirely new translation of the four Pali nikāyas, prepared specially for SuttaCentral by Bhante Sujato.
- Access to Insight - a website dedicated to providing accurate, reliable, and useful information concerning the practice and study of Theravada Buddhism, as it has been handed down to us through both the written word of the Pali canon and the living example of the Sangha.
- Ancient Buddhist Texts - a website started by Bhikkhu Ānandajoti in 2002 as a way of publishing material from the broader early Buddhist Tradition.
- Dhamma Talks - offers an extensive collection of English translations of suttas from the Pāli Canon, as well as a multitude of free downloads of Dhamma from the Kammaṭṭhāna (or Thai Forest) Tradition of Buddhism. Ṭhānissaro Bhikkhu of Metta Forest Monastery is the speaker, author or translator unless otherwise noted.
- What-Buddha-Said - provides a wealth of material on Therevadan Buddhism. The Dhamma library includes pdf’s of the Visuddhi Magga, Vimuttimagga, and A Comprehensive Manual of Abhidhamma. The site is updated by Bhikkhu Samahita.
- Buddha Dust - This site has all the Pali Text Society translations of the Four Nikayas plus all the translations of Bhikkhu Thanissaro and all the translations of Bhikkhu Bodhi that have been released for free distribution, plus a number of translations by lesser-known translators including several important historically, i.e., those of Lord Chalmers for the Majjhima Nikaya.
Sites offering sutta Audio Content
- Sutta Readings - a site offering sutta readings selected from and read by current Buddhist teachers.
- Audio Tipitaka - an on going project to offer audio versions of sutta translations. You can participate by listening, recording, or volunteering in other ways.
- Ancient Buddhist Texts - over 130 hours of audio recordings.